A slitting line is being revamped for a new client who is seeking more productive machinery to deliver enhanced cutting precision, thinner gauges, and more accurate wound coils with better surface finish.
The new coil processing machinery, which is being supplied by the Georg Group who are renowned for building high quality slitting machines which are amongst the best in the world, includes:
- a state of the art control system and operator interfaces / HMIs with full diagnostics on the line offering a flexible and future proof solution;
- a new multi-head slitter with state of the art shimless tooling set-up for fast change over times to minimise downtime;
- a new scrap chopper system to remove manual handling of scrap and hence provide a much safer operation together with improved waste removal costs;
- a new loop doubler system to allow larger diameter, thin gauge materials to be processed successfully;
- a new tension unit with drag pad, tension rolls, parting shear and double segmented bridle system designed specifically to enable thin gauge, surface sensitive materials to be processed with much improved tension control;
- a new recoiler and outboard bearing to enable larger coils of this gauge material to be processed;
- a new coil car with coil support arm system to remove coils to the turnstile;
- a new four arm hold-down system to allow offline banding and reduce line downtime;
- an upgrade to the safety system to the latest industry standards.
In order to minimise any downtime for the client, the installation of the new coil processing equipment is being undertaken in phases by Georg UK. This requires careful planning and respect for the client’s shift patterns and order book whilst carrying out the installation in a tidy and safe manner.